We're having a GREAT couple of days. Roo Bear's vocabulary has easily TRIPLED this week. She has said "Mommy" nearly 1,000 x (Yes, I'm counting!) which is a relief after hearing "Daddy" for sooooo many months. She's also picked up two new phrases -- the first was a little upsetting... In response to "Roobie, you're making a mess." She responded, "No, I'm not!" Wonder where she gets that smart mouth??
But today, after our ritual "Thursday morning dance party," I said, "Ok Roo, say bye-bye puppies," and she gave each one a hug and said, clear as day, "Bye-bye puppies." I couldn't believe it! Usually she just waves and walks out the door. Then, stunned by her own abilities, she repeated "Bye, bye puppies" all the way to school. Hopefully, she continues "using her words" because it's soooo incredibly helpful, and she seems less frustrated with her inability to communicate.
In the pic above, Roo Bear is taking a nap at school. She woke up this morning with a cough and is a little under the weather. We'll start her asthma medicaitons, and hopefully, she recovers before her cousin's christening this Sunday!

No comments:
Post a Comment