

Since I have no hand to shake, I'd like to send a great big virtual bear hug to the anonymous teenager who "ratted out" his/her classmate on Thursday and thus thwarted a possible "columbine"-like attack at my husband's high school. Two students have since been arrested and charged with attempted murder and a slew of other charges.
Rylee and I are fortunate that said anonymous teenager had the courage to speak up and act in such a heroic manner. The school cancelled classes on Friday in order for the police and FBI to search the school. Although the school was found to be safe, an arsenal of weapons and bomb making materials were found at the suspects' houses -- in fact, the second, older suspect, was discovered to be a competitive shooter.
Rylee and I spent the weekend hugging her Daddy -- fully aware of how lucky we are to have him, and how empty our lives would be without him. Chris has promised to text us 1,000,000 throughout the day tomorrow -- the day that the attack was supposed to take place. And, thankfully, the school will have a heavy police presence throughout the day.
Please send positive thoughts and prayers to the students and staff at Bridgewater High School who are sure to have an emotional day in store for them tomorrow (Monday).
No comments:
Post a Comment