Saturday, June 12, 2010

First Pitch


Thanks to the Kiwanis Club of Palmer Township, I was offered the opportunity to throw out the first pitch on Friday, June 11th as the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs took on the Toledo Mud Hens at Coca-Cola Park. Chris and I encountered the usual Gerber chaos at the hacienda beforehand (a sick dog made a mess of our carpet!), so we just made it to the park on time.

As a nice surprise, Chris got to come on the field with me and stand on the first base foul line. He was pysched because he brought a beer with him onto the field. It's the little things ;-)

My old man would have been proud... I handed Chris my purse and headed to the mound! They announced my name, and I threw an *almost* perfect pitch to the Iron Pigs starting catcher -- in front of 15,000 fans!


No comments:

Post a Comment