The rain held off until the end of the party, at which point the family moved into the garage to sit and relax. While we were sitting there (with the garage doors open), four-year-old Bracken came up to me and said, "Carry... I'd really love to jump in those puddles!" I, of course, encouraged her to do so!
Two minutes later, Bracken reappeared, rain boots on and umbrella in hand, to jump in the puddles. Aunt Carry couldn't help but join in. The moment was spontaneous and priceless. Brantly quickly emerged, with her umbrella, and the three of us jumped in puddles and played in the rain. I only wish Rylee had been awake to celebrate the rain with us...
I love and miss my girls terribly! Bracken, thank you for reminding me about the important moments in life -- it isn't preparing for the next board meeting -- it's finding the next puddle! I cherish EVERY minute spent with you girls.


No comments:
Post a Comment