Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Medical Update -- 27 weeks


  • Yesterday, I had my regular visit with the Maternal-Fetal Specialist, and I'm happy to report that Little Girl Gerber is 2.2 lbs (or about the same size as a kilo of cocaine!) She was making the sucking motion with her little lips and kicking her feet around for all to see. That is her little foot above her profile in the pic above.
  • All is well. The doctor scheduled a slew of new tests, including a Fetal Echo, another 24 protein test, glucose tolerance, etc. So we'll be busy in the next couple weeks. He was a little concerned about my swelling and urged me to slow down a bit at work and at home... and of course, sleep more... which for an insomniac is a bit difficult ;-)
  • He even asked "When can you stop working?" I almost fell out of my chair, because if he wants me to remain sane, I need to keep working! So we're "negotiating" the answer to that question.
  • The most amusing part of my visit was when he said, "I thought of you last week. I had a patient with pancreatitis and gall stones. She almost died." And that made him think of me?? Tooooo funny! Thank God she lived!!!!

1 comment:

  1. How neat, Carry! I'm so glad everything is progressing well. Little Gerber Girl is just precious...all 2.2 lbs of her! I'm getting all teary eyed just imagining her doing that little sucking motion with her lips! I'm such a sap! Try, try, try to get some rest. And be prepared for me to boss you around while at the Food Pantry..."Sit down! No, I'll get it! Don't even think about reaching up there!" etc. :)

    ReplyDelete