Sunday, February 15, 2009

The World's First Infant Insomniac

So this is an apology... I'd like to apologize for all the missed phone calls, late "thank yous" and unmet commitments. It seems that Chris and I were flat out lied to by all the parenting handbooks and primers. They all say that babies eat, sleep and poop, but it seems our child doesn't sleep... at all! It's not that she simply has her days and nights mixed up -- she just doesn't sleep! Luckily for her, she's absolutely adorable. So she flashes us those baby blues and we forgive her sleeplessness.

Even though she looks EXACTLY like her Dad, it seems she did get something from her Mom -- my insomnia! Let's hope it passes before Mommy has to go back to work!!

Chris and I promise to return the phone calls and write those thank you notes -- just as soon as our sleepless bodies adjust to this new lifestyle. We appreciate all of your support and are grateful for all the wonderful cards, flowers and gifts. We cherish each and every voicemail, text message and facebook thread. Thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment