Roo attended her first Junior League meeting last night (I'm sure it won't be her last!) Of course, she was the hit of the meeting! Her new friend Amy held her the ENTIRE meeting and introduced her to the rest of the crew. Roo was sooooo happy and can't wait to play with Amy again, soon.
On a separate note, Rylee also enjoys going to school to play with her friends. I went to pick her up a little early yesterday and found her in the preschool room. Apparently, she is too far advanced to stay with the infants and so she skipped two grades. I sat down for a parent-teacher conference with the preschool teacher who was a little concerned that Rylee was behind the other students. Apparently, when the teacher asked Ry to write her name, she wrote "R-0-0-B-e-a-r!" I explained that poor Rylee truly believes that she is half Kangeroo, half Bear and the teacher understood. Mommy's fault for confusing the poor little Rooshooter.
No, seriously, when I arrived "Little Rylee*" (as her teachers call her) was getting her diaper changed. When she heard Mommy's voice, her already large eyes turned into saucers. "Thank God, Mommy to the rescue!" She does enjoy school though. When we get her home at night (around 3:30 pm), she sleeps until we wake her around 9:30 to eat and then she falls back to sleep until around 4 or 5 am. She's just exhausted from her play dates at school. We miss seeing those saucer eyes at night!!
*Her teachers have begun referring to her as "Little Rylee" because she's not the only Rylee in her class... imagine that! She's also currently in an all-girls class... Daddy would like to keep it that way, but I think Uncle Mike will enroll whomever wants in ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment