Monday, April 27, 2009

Tough Day...

It's Monday Morning. I'm at work at 7 AM. Rylee has been sick and miserable all weekend. She didn't sleep last night. Chris didn't sleep last night. And everyone's on edge... including Marley -- who is having trouble with another painful cyst.

I dropped the little sicker at her school at 6:30 this AM -- struggling to breathe out of her overstuffed nose. I asked her teachers to call me if she spikes another fever and I'll come back to pick her up. Then I was off to my office.

I was trying to find humor in all of this -- and struggling to remember what's important -- when I opened my email and found a very humorous post from Vanessa and a very meaningful forward from my Mom (which is surprising because I never read people's forwards -- but it had "beer" in the subject line so I took the time to read it!)

It comes down to this. Even though it's Monday morning, Roo has a cold, Chris is tired, Marley is grumpy, the VW is broken -- again -- and the last thing I want to do is go to work -- I'm still VERY BLESSED. I'm blessed to have friends and family that make me smile and I'm blessed to have a little girl who changed my heart. She made it better... healthier... in more ways than one... I'll forever be grateful for my RooBear and the opportunity to parent.

1 comment:

  1. I hope Roo gets better soon! It must be tough for you.. but she is a blessing... :) I love the Roo Chronicles...

    ReplyDelete